Underwire Bra // 1 Day // Jan 11 & 18
Need some support making a bra with...support? We're tackling underwire bras in this fun workshop!
In this class, students will be making the Marlborough Bra by Orange Lingerie, which has cup sizes options of A to DD or DDD to J, with band sizes from 30 to 40.
As described by the pattern designer, the Marlborough is a supportive full frame underwire bra for everyday wear, featuring:
- A three piece cup and power bar that allows for increased shaping and more ability to play with pattern prints and color combinations;
- A comfortable scoop back that lies smoothly under clothes and enhances support; and
- A lace upper cup
- Working with stretch lace, sheer nylon and tricot
- Sewing with zig zag stitches
- Working with several types of elastic
- Curved seams and underwire channels
- Attaching rings, sliders and clasps
Pattern and materials not provided. You will receive an email ahead of time with a list of all supplies to bring.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced. You are comfortable on a sewing machine and have made several projects in the past, ideally with some experience in stretch fabric. You may be new to bra making or underwire bras.
2 Sessions; 6 workshop hours
Note that we have two studio locations so !!please!! pay attention to where this class is hosted so you arrive at the correct studio on the first day of the class.
Class size is limited. For information relating to class policies and safety protocols for COVID-19, please click here. Face masks are required for participation.
**In the event that quarantine restrictions on our business are tightened in the interest of public safety, or COVID-19 transmission rates prevent us from running an in-studio class safely, you will be given the option to take this class virtually. If you decline the virtual option you will be offered a refund.
Section 1 (1912 South St): Mon Jan 11 & Jan 18, 6-9pm
** all photos courtesy of Orange Lingerie