Underwire Bra // 1 Day // May 15
Need some support making a bra with...support? We're tackling underwire bras in this fun workshop!
In this class, students will be making the Marlborough Bra by Orange Lingerie, which has cup sizes options of A to DD or DDD to J, with band sizes from 30 to 40.
As described by the pattern designer, the Marlborough is a supportive full frame underwire bra for everyday wear, featuring:
- A three piece cup and power bar that allows for increased shaping and more ability to play with pattern prints and color combinations;
- A comfortable scoop back that lies smoothly under clothes and enhances support; and
- A lace upper cup
- Working with stretch lace, sheer nylon and tricot
- Sewing with zig zag stitches
- Working with several types of elastic
- Curved seams and underwire channels
- Attaching rings, sliders and clasps
Pattern and materials not provided. You will receive an email ahead of time with a list of all supplies to bring.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced. You are comfortable on a sewing machine and have made several projects in the past, ideally with some experience in stretch fabric. You may be new to bra making or underwire bras.
1 Session; 6 workshop hours (small break included)
Class size is limited. For information relating to class policies and safety protocols for COVID-19, please click here. Face masks are required for participation.
Section 1: May 15th from 1:30-7:30pm