Sewing Knits: Leggings // 1 Day // April 29th
Learn to sew with knits! Stretchy fabrics make up a large portion of our daily wardrobe from loungewear to activewear, so why not learn to sew with them? We lead you through the basics so you understand the characteristics of knit fabrics and how to tame them.
Is your activewear starting to look a little... worn? Time to step up your game and make a special bra & leggings set that you'll be excited to change into, whether you're doing YouTube workouts or just need some comfy pieces to layer.
Workshop project choices: Participants will create a pair of women's or men's leggings.
- Virginia Leggings by Megan Nielsen. Available in sizes 0-20 or 14-30.
- Seamwork Tino Leggings. Available in sizes 0-26. The Tino features a high rise, wide waistband, gusset, and side panels with POCKETS!
- Seamwork Aires Leggings. Available in sizes XS-3XL. Medium rise, capri-length, fitted athletic tights with gusset feature curved style lines, perfect for color blocking.
- Mandex by Greenstyle. Men's fit in sizes S-XXXL
- Cutting knits accurately
- Sewing with knits on a regular sewing machine or a serger
- Attaching elastic
- Sewing a waistband
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate. You MUST already feel comfortable threading and using a sewing machine, but may be new to sewing garments. If you are a novice sewer, please check out our Sewing 101 course first!
Pattern and materials are not included. You will be expected to print/assemble the pattern before class. You will receive an email with a list of supplies needed upon purchase of the class.
1 Day // Saturday, April 29th 2:30 - 6:30pm // 4 workshop hours