Jeans // 2 Days // Sept 12 & 13
Who says you can't have your pants and make them too? We'll introduce you to the world of professionally finished, handmade jeans for either men or women. Make 'em skinny, wide-leg, boyfriend or girlfriend style. Make 'em FOR your boyfriend. Make 'em for your girlfriend. Or, hey, keep it selfish - we don't blame you.
- Dawn Jeans by Megan Nielsen
- Ginger Skinny Jeans by Closet Case Files
- Morgan Boyfriend Jeans by Closet Case Files
- Lander Pants by True Bias
- Quadra Jeans by Thread Theory (men)
- Fulford Jeans by Thread Theory (men)
- Ames Jeans by Cashmerette (Women sizes 12-28)
- Scoop front pockets, coin pockets & patch pockets
- Fly front zipper installation
- Waistbands, belt loops & bar tacks
- Buttonholes, rivets and hardware
- Serged seam finishes
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced. You have made a couple garments and are comfortable working with sewing patterns and cutting fabric on your own.
Pattern and materials not included. A supply list will be sent to each student ahead of time.
This is a weekend intensive sewing workshop. Due to the complexity of this sewing project and the condensed nature of the class, all participants MUST arrive with their fabric pieces already cut so everyone can jump right into construction.
Registration for this class will be closed one week before the start date to ensure that each student receives the materials list and is able to complete their cutting homework ahead of time.
2 Days; 12 course hours
Note that we have two studio locations so !!please!! pay attention to where this class is hosted so you arrive at the correct studio on the first day of the class.
Class size is limited. For information relating to class policies and safety protocols for COVID-19, please click here. Face masks are required for participation.
Section 1 (800 S 8th St): Sat Sept 12, 12pm-6pm, & Sun Sept 13 10am-4pm