Sewing Knits: Sweatshirt // 2 Days // Nov 12 & 19
Learn to sew with knits! Stretchy fabrics make up a large portion of our daily wardrobe from loungewear to activewear, so why not learn to sew with them? We lead you through the basics so you understand the characteristics of knit fabrics and how to tame them.
Workshop project: Participants will create a women's sweatshirt (the Linden Sweatshirt by Grainline Studio) or a men's basic tee.
- Knits vs. wovens, different types of knits, and when to use each
- Cutting out knits the most efficient and accurate way
- Sewing with knits on a regular sewing machine or a serger
- Setting in raglan sleeves
- Attaching neck bands and cuffs
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate. You must already feel comfortable threading and using a sewing machine but may be new to sewing garments. If you are new to sewing, please check out our Sewing 101 course first!
Pattern and materials not included. A supply list will be e-mailed ahead of time.
Please make a note of the studio location (we have two!) so you show up at the correct one.
2 Days; 6 workshop hours
Section 1 (800 S 8th St): 2 Tuesdays 6-9pm on Nov 12 & 19