Swimwear Workshop // 2 Days // July 13 & 14
Make a splash this summer in a handmade swimsuit that actually FITS! Learn to sew a cute lined one-piece or two-piece with different style options. Get comfortable sewing with stretch fabrics and elastic, and finally feel confident at the pool in a one-of-a-kind suit.
- Cottlesloe Swimsuit by Megan Nielsen: one-piece or two-piece, low or high waist and low or high back. Available in sizes 0-20 and 14-30.
- Jalie 3350 one-piece with sweetheart neckline and back variations. Comes in women's sizes up to 50" bust.
- If there's another swimsuit pattern you prefer to try, please reach out and ask our opinion if it would be doable in this class.
- Cutting and sewing with spandex fabric using a regular sewing machine or serger
- Stretching and attaching elastic to edges
- Gathering fabric
- Topstitching with zig-zag stitches
- Making straps and bands
Skill Level: Advanced, or Intermediate ready for a challenge. Sewing with spandex and elastic requires finesse, and confidence is key! Some garment-making experience is required. Knowledge of sewing with knits in general is recommended.
Weekend workshop: 2 days; 12 class hours
Date/Time: Saturday July 13 & Sunday July 14, 10am-4pm both days
Studio Location: 1912 South St
*Cottesloe Photos courtesy of Megan Nielsen.