Mother's Day Fabric Printing Workshop // Virtual // May 9
THIS IS OUR VIRTUAL WORKSHOP LISTING. TO SEE OUR IN-PERSON MOTHER'S DAY WORKSHOP CLICK HERE.
Whether you can be together on Mother's Day or not, you can still treat your mom (or grandma, wife, sister, auntie or bestie) to some quality creative time making impressive prints together!
Welcome to our Virtual Mother's Day Fabric Printing Kit + Workshop, where you & your special guest(s) will learn how to print one-of-a-kind creations on fabric using block stamps you carve yourself!
We love printing for its meditative qualities and array of applications. It's the perfect craft for adding special touches to your home and wardrobe. In this workshop, we will be printing on high quality, cotton dish towels, but the same technique can be applied to fabric by-the-yard, table linens, clothing, pillows and even paper goods. Turn your prints into works of art in their own right or use your newfound skills to add handmade details to existing pieces.
The best part? You don't need to be an accomplished artist to bring a wow-factor your prints. Even the simplest geometric patterns (think circles and squares!) look impressive when printed in ink on fabric. Not ready to make original designs? That's ok. We give you 8 design templates to try.
WITH YOUR REGISTRATION YOU RECEIVE:
- A kit mailed to you and/or your special person (see options for multiple workshop attendees below) with all the supplies you need to make your custom dish towels at home. Each kit includes:
- Two high quality cotton dish towels
- One rubber brayer
- One carving handle with two interchangeable cutting blades
- Linoleum carving block
- Ink spreader
- Test printing fabric
- Eight design templates if you prefer not to carve an original design.
- Access to our virtual block printing workshop for you and your guests. This workshop is pre-recorded so you can watch and learn at your own pace. The secret link to your workshop will be emailed to you on Friday, May 7th but you can access the workshop at any time after that.
- A way to bond with someone special.
- For multiple attendees in DIFFERENT locations choose "Two (or Three) Kit Discount" and remember to include each shipping address in your note at checkout. Individual kits will be mailed to each location.
- For multiple attendees in the SAME location choose "Kit for Two (or Three)". You will receive an extra large kit containing two extra towels per person and one extra carving block and handle per person as well as extra test fabric and newsprint.