Underwire Bra // 1 Day // May 16
Need some support making a bra with...support? We're tackling underwire bras in this one-day workshop!
In this class, students will be making the Marlborough Bra by Orange Lingerie, which has cup sizes options of A to DD or DDD to J, with band sizes from 30 to 40.
As described by the pattern designer, the Marlborough is a supportive full frame underwire bra for everyday wear, featuring:
- A three piece cup and power bar that allows for increased shaping and more ability to play with pattern prints and color combinations;
- A comfortable scoop back that lies smoothly under clothes and enhances support; and
- A lace upper cup
- Working with stretch lace, sheer nylon and tricot
- Sewing with zig zag stitches
- Working with several types of elastic
- Curved seams and underwire channels
- Attaching rings, sliders and clasps
Pattern and materials not provided. You will receive an email ahead of time with a list of all supplies to bring.
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced. You are comfortable on a sewing machine and have made several projects in the past, ideally with some experience in stretch fabric. You may be new to bra making or underwire bras.
1 Day; 5.5 workshop hours
Please refer to our registration policies before signing up for a class. Note that we have TWO studio locations. Each section below will list its location so make sure you mark it on your calendar and GPS so you arrive at the correct studio for class!
[sold out] Section 1 (1912 South St): Saturday Feb 29, 12-5:30pm. There will be a break halfway through.
[sold out] Section 2 (1912 South St): Saturday Mar 28, 12-5:30pm. There will be a break halfway through
Section 3 (1912 South St): Saturday May 16, 12-5:30pm. There will be a break halfway through
** all photos courtesy of Orange Lingerie