Sewing Knits: Tank Top // 1 Day // July 15
Learn to sew with knits! Stretchy fabrics make up a large portion of our daily wardrobe from loungewear to activewear, so why not learn to sew with them? We lead you through the basics so you understand the characteristics of knit fabrics and how to tame them.
Workshop project: Participants will create a women's or men's sleeveless tank top. Pattern options include:
- Common Stitch Bottlebrush Tank - sizes 0-16. Designed specifically for RIB knits.
- Seamwork Aronica Tank or Dress - sizes 00-30. A high crew neckline and fitted silhouette that can be sewn as a tank top or dress.
- Seamwork Julia Tank - sizes XS-3XL. Offers a flattering scoop neck and a relaxed fit.
- Men's Tank Top by Wardrobe by Me - sizes 2XS-4XL. A classic, straight fitted tank top vest.
- Andy Tank by 5 out of 4 - sizes XS-6XL. A semi-fitted tank with options for a high or low neckline, or high or low armhole.
- Cutting knits accurately
- Sewing knits on a regular sewing machine or a serger to keep seams stretchy
- Attaching neck and arm binding (quartering & stretching to fit)
- Hemming with knits (how to prevent stretching out of shape)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate. You MUST already feel comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine, but you may be new to sewing garments. If you are a novice sewer or feel unsure about threading a sewing machine and sewing straight lines, please check out our Sewing 101 course instead.
Pattern and materials not included.
1 Day; 5 Workshop Hours.
Section 1 (4 SPOTS LEFT): Saturday, July 15th from 1:30 - 6:30pm
Photos courtesy of Common Stitch, Seamwork, Wardrobe by Me, and 5 out of 4.