Virtual Serger Basics Workshop
Welcome to our Serger Basics Workshop: Virtual Edition! We have brought our popular one-day workshop to your home, where you can work at your own pace and get an even more comprehensive overview of everything you wanted to know about using your serger.
Let us guide you through the basics of how to properly thread and operate the serger so you can tackle all your projects with confidence. In this workshop we will cover how to use the Brother 1034D (the most common and highest-rated serger model for beginners and advanced home sewers alike). Along the way we'll teach you some tricks (did you know you can gather, flatlock and hem on a serger?) that would make any sewing nerd swoon.
This is an online course where you will have access to lessons broken into helpful detailed topics that you can play, pause, rewind and skip as much as you need.
Your Course Curriculum includes over THIRTY individual lessons, totaling about 2.5 hours of content, including:
- How is a serger different than a regular sewing machine?
- Serger anatomy, parts & accessories, including thread & needle recommendations
- Needle & looper tension adjustments
- Changing the settings: stitch width, stitch length, knife activation switch
- Differential feed & serging knit fabrics
- Seam allowance guides
- Stitch types: 4-Thread Overlock, 3-Thread Overlock, Flatlock Seam, Blind Hem, Narrow Hem, Rolled Hem
- How to gather fabric with the gathering foot
- Techniques: serging in the round, attaching elastic, serging curves & corners, rethreading by "tying off"
- Troubleshooting issues: removing stitches, rethreading a looper, blade cutting issues, fabric tearing issues, replacing a light bulb
- Cleaning & oiling
Once you purchase the class, you will receive an email to create an account that will give you access to all the course content. The site saves your progress and shows which lessons you've completed so you never lose your spot. And your course never expires! Each lesson has its own discussion board where you can post questions that the instructor will receive directly.
Check out the welcome preview here: