Swimwear // 2 Days // June 19 & 26
Stretch your skills and make a splash this summer in a handmade swimsuit! Learn to sew a cute lined one-piece or two-piece with different style options. Get comfortable sewing with stretch fabrics and elastic, and finally feel confident at the pool in a one-of-a-kind suit.
- Cottlesloe Swimsuit by Megan Nielsen: one-piece or two-piece, low or high waist and low or high back. Available in sizes 0-20 and 14-30.
- Vernazza Two-Piece by Friday Pattern Company: two piece, with tank straps, tie front, and high-waisted bottoms. Available in sizes XS to 4X.
- Cutting and sewing with spandex fabric and swim lining using a regular sewing machine or serger
- Stretching and attaching elastic to edges
- Topstitching with zig-zag stitches
Pattern and project materials not provided. You'll be responsible for purchasing, printing and/or assembling your pattern pieces before class, as well as shopping for fabric and notions. A supply list will be sent to you ahead of time.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced. Sewing with spandex and elastic requires finesse, and confidence is key! Some garment-making experience is required. Knowledge of sewing with knits in general is recommended.
2 days; 11 class hours
Please refer to our registration policies before signing up for a class.
Date/Time: Saturday, June 19 & Saturday, June 26, 1:30pm-7pm both days