Swimwear // 2 Days // June 6 & 13
Stretch your skills and make a splash this summer in a handmade swimsuit! Learn to sew a cute lined one-piece or two-piece with different style options. Get comfortable sewing with stretch fabrics and elastic, and finally feel confident at the pool in a one-of-a-kind suit.
- Cottlesloe Swimsuit by Megan Nielsen: one-piece or two-piece, low or high waist and low or high back. Available in sizes 0-20 and 14-30.
- Vernazza Two-Piece by Friday Pattern Company: two piece, with tank straps, tie front, and high-waisted bottoms. Available in sizes XS to 4X.
- Cutting and sewing with spandex fabric and swim lining using a regular sewing machine or serger
- Stretching and attaching elastic to edges
- Topstitching with zig-zag stitches
Pattern and project materials not provided. You'll be responsible for purchasing, printing and/or assembling your pattern pieces before class, as well as shopping for fabric and notions. A supply list will be sent to you ahead of time.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced. Sewing with spandex and elastic requires finesse, and confidence is key! Some garment-making experience is required. Knowledge of sewing with knits in general is recommended.
2 days; 12 class hours
Please refer to our registration policies before signing up for a class. *Updated March 2020: In light of current circumstances regarding COVID-19, we have made adjustments to our normal refund and transfer policy. If you register for a class after March 20 and your class is postponed or cancelled OR if you are not able to attend class due to a personal health concern, you are entitled to a full refund or transfer.
Note that we have TWO studio locations. The class option(s) below will list the location so make sure to mark it on your calendar and GPS so you arrive at the correct studio!
Date/Time: Saturday June 6 & Saturday June 13, 10am-4pm both days
Studio Location: 1912 South St