Sewing Knits: Tee Shirts // 1 Day // Mar 31
Learn to sew with knits! Stretchy fabrics make up a large portion of our daily wardrobe from loungewear to activewear, so why not learn to sew with them? We lead you through the basics so you understand the characteristics of knit fabrics and how to tame them.
Workshop project: Participants will create a women's or men's short or long-sleeved tee with a crew or coop neck. Pattern options include:
- True Bias Ringer Tee or Dress - sizes 0-18 and sizes 14-30 Crew neck with neck and sleeve bands. Also comes in kids sizes if you'd like to make a t-shirt for your little!
- True Bias Jesse Tee - sizes 0-18 and sizes 14-32 Relaxed, oversized fit with a dropped shoulder, wide crew neckline, and sleeves hitting just below the elbow. Can be made in cropped or full length.
- Grainline Studio Lark Tee - sizes 0-18. You can choose to do the boat neck, crew neck, or scoop neck. We don’t have time to attempt the V-neck. You can do cap, short, 3/4 or long sleeves.
- Cashmerette Concord Tee - sizes 0-16 and sizes 12-32 with C/D, E/F, & G/H cup size options. We don’t have time to do the V-neck. You can choose the short, elbow-length or long sleeves but we won’t have time to do the sleeve tabs.
- Oliver & S Metro Tee for men
- Lowland Kids Adult Curved Hem Tee - men's (or unisex) sizes XXS-5XL, an easy to wear semi-fitted tee that runs long with a stylish curved hem. Also comes in kids sizes, though we will not have time to do the version with the button placket.
- Cutting knits accurately
- Sewing knits on a regular sewing machine or a serger to keep seams stretchy
- Attaching neck band (quartering & stretching to fit)
- Hemming with knits (how to prevent stretching out of shape)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate. You MUST already feel comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine, but you may be new to sewing garments. If you are a novice sewer or feel unsure about threading a sewing machine and sewing straight lines, please check out our Sewing 101 course instead.
Pattern and materials not included.
Class size is limited. For information relating to class policies and safety protocols for COVID-19, please click here. Face masks are required for participation.
1 Day; 6 Workshop Hours. There will be a break halfway through.
Section 1: Sunday, March 31st from 10am-4pm
Some photos courtesy of Grainline Studio, True Bias, Cashmerette, Oliver & S, Lowland Kids